Thursday, September 30, 2010

Older Women Showing Their Nylons



I finished at last! all my quilt squares. Now start with the triangles the auctioned .... Scares me! I have seen that there are some with 40 pieces ...... this if it is "the work of El Escorial (palace I have visited many times in the outskirts of Madrid) and they put this tagline for many years it took to complete. Construction began in 1562, by order of King Philip II, and ended in 1584, but until today they are fixing and restoring many rooms, hence the legend.
I'll keep you showing your progress, now we must add the 169 blocks, making the 108 triangles and 4 corners .... It's a long work, but beautiful. I hope that after enjoying it in my home, my children can use and grandchildren. I have American friends who are using their grandmothers made quilts with scraps of clothes that no longer used (patchwork. ....) are relics for her!

0 comments:

Post a Comment