Friday, February 18, 2011

California Tracey Adams

maternal





Looking at today's newspaper I found an interview "very chuli." But I tell you again that this is a very special guy ... I loved your interview, I wanted to share. It's like finding a speck of light today. That goes with the permission of the Periodico de Catalunya
.
I leave you with Carles Valero (Olé, by the midwife).



Carles Valero: Sometimes I have the feeling that pushed me more than them " At 32 moves like a fish in water between contractions and fetal heartbeat, an area traditionally reserved for women. He has served hospital births in Sabadell and visit Manresa CAP. - When did the first step in helping children born?
"In 1995 I was to inform to d'Infermeria University School of Bellvitge. I asked if I was OK to be a midwife as a man. He was 17. I asked with all my good faith, but the thousand people who were there laughed at me.

-Go. And what they replied?

-That the English Constitution gives equal rights to women and men.



- And chose the specialty?


"At the time no. I did nursing, but I chose surgery and later on I devoted myself to the emergency room. After a while I got tired of always being at the end of life and wanted to go at first. -ended pulling the title of midwife. Or should I say midwife?

"It's a female profession. When there are people waiting for the query myself wondering: "Does it come by the midwife?".
- What do you say when they enter and see a man?
"They think I'm the doctor.

-Ya. What is harder to be midwife to a man?
"There is a barrier and you have to work harder for a woman to trust you. One of the catchphrases is, "But if you have not given birth ever!" To which I reply with another typical sentence: "An oncologist who has never had cancer can be a good oncologist?".
- When was the first time he saw a delivery?

"When I was orderly. This time I began to mourn and still excited. It is a profession that demands a lot from you, it means a lot and have to be very good about yourself. Sometimes I have the feeling that pushed me more than them. - What!

- Beware! Midwives are not God, our Lord. We only collect the child, are not the center of labor. When all goes well, you have to become invisible. Your presence is only important when something goes wrong. I often ask, "You're going to take the baby?". And I answered: "No. The boy was going you give birth. " We live in an industrial philosophy. We did not consider what we can do for ourselves. We go to the hospital to heal us, to get us out the child ...

- How do you like to receive the children? -Birth is a unique and you have to try that what is happening is a momentazo, but the atmosphere of a hospital does not help much.

- What makes for improvement? "In the delivery room, dim the light and put nice music. And why not? When a child you humming a song. You have to sing to children.

-sing well, at least. "Just in case, I do Light.

"Lucky.

"It's common sense that the moment of birth is one momentazo. However, very few people, including pregnant women, know how they were born, how weighed, whether they breast-fed ... - Why it is important to know?

"To know where we came. We are what we have experienced. - What do you know your birth? And what you used to know?

"I know when I was born and how. I've thought many times and that's when you realize everything you have done for you. Birth is an act of love and I firmly believe that the surname of a child should be the mother. - What happens when things go wrong?

"Life is not fair. There is no life without death, no joy without sorrow. Once he came to me a mother who had lost her baby. I told him that there is a Catalan tradition that when a baby is born, it buries the placenta and plant a seed, walnut, if female, and oak or oak, for a boy. At that moment his face lit up: "I know where I will plant!" He exclaimed. We live in the era of the iPhone and iPad but we need rituals. I still do not know what exactly led him to choose this profession. "Because

I love everything around pregnancy, childbirth and parenting. It is the beginning, a mystery.
Photo and information via
performing what "we need to do" or "stop doing"

just for our own needs without thinking about what they truly need. Unfortunately there are times when we have no choice but to change the destination you choose our small indeed, not without cause us a sense of grief and pain.

And we have the right to show the world that sadness and pain. We may show our weakness and feel understood. In a society in which parents must be strong despite the many times do things that do not understand in our hearts. Not only have not forgotten the early days when I left my princess, or my son to go to work early, if there are decisions today that I'm taking because my circumstances prevent me from daring to take other decisions unilaterally.

I can not justify. I have already spoken once when it is easy to hide behind that "we do it for her sake." Which for me is not at all true.
We do this for our good.
for compensating those needs that society has imposed on us. But not by real human needs and natural mammalian our own children. aware that things can always do better
. I can easily recognize it, because my appreciation helps me to try to improve, that the avoidance of doubt. I'll never be a perfect mother. Perfection does not exist. But always try to be everyday a mother, wife and a better person than yesterday.
Well, would not "go around the bush." Today I come to talk about how easy things are when we respect the development of our children, no rush, no pressure, just watching and waiting for the right time and trying to guide them no more.
Yesterday my little decided not to have more diaper.
My daughter is very developed the gift of assertiveness, perhaps thanks to those so complicated, as two and a half wonderful she looks, is able to say no and learn to respect, to show his denial and his decision to take that step by other children early with the occasional pass dislike not being prepared. Many of these children suffer from the withdrawal of the diaper. A retreat to which are added scolding, threats, blackmail ... all for wanting them to mature into something that as much as we strive to accelerate only come sooner or later. Many other children are subjected to such emotional blackmail, unnecessary accelerations that result in tears and upset. forced to sleep alone, eat without hunger, to go shopping instead of arms or to walk because they are older to go shopping ... to so many manipulations are subjected our small @ s


because we need to do what WE ARE



s
want to comply with social norms but not Prepare
@ s
. entendesiémos
Perhaps if the evolution of each child
@ is completely different, if we knew that when we say that every human being is special and different from the rest. We'd be better off.
A
us. But the most important. To this
small
@ s suffer the consequences of being born in a crazy society that in no way takes into account their real needs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment